Grant Application Procedures
The grant proposal should be prepared on 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper, printed on one side only and signed by the organization's chief executive officer. Only one copy is required and any attachments should be labeled. Please do not include videotapes or audiotapes, photographs, artwork or other bulky items. The proposal should include the following:
- A cover letter with agency name and address, the name and telephone number of the contact person, a one-paragraph summary of the project and the amount of funding requested.
- A brief summary of the history of the agency, its mission, its staff size and a list of the board of directors and/or trustees.
- The project's goals and objectives and how many will be served.
- Specific needs to be addressed by the project, activities planned and achieved so far.
- Project work plan, including a timeline for key activities.
- Project Evaluation--please define what a "successful" project would be, including what specific outcomes are planned, and describe how you plan to measure success. Describe how this information will be collected and measured by your organization.
- The budget for the project, a list of other contributions, a list of other funding sources to which the project has been submitted, letters of support if available and information about the future fund raising goals must also be included.
- A photocopy of the agency's Section 501 (c)(3) IRS determination letter.
- A copy of the agency's current operating budget.
Eligible grants will be reviewed with the following criteria:
- Impact -- How are people better off?
- Innovation -- What is innovative about this initiative and its approach to problem solving or addressing a need?
- Leverage -- Is anyone else funding this initiative?
Dates for grant submission
Grants may be submitted year round and will be considered at the appropriate meeting of The J.L. Bedsole Foundation Distribution Committee. Grants are due the first of the month preceding a scheduled Distribution Committee Meeting. The Distribution Committee meets in February, April, June, September and December of each year.
Grant applications should be mailed to:
|The J.L. Bedsole Foundation|
|P.O. Box 1137|
|Mobile, AL 36633|
Click here to download the Grant Guidelines as a PDF file. You will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to view the file. If you do not have the Adobe Reader, click the image to the right to download. It's free!
Any questions may be addressed by contacting The J.L. Bedsole Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.